Sunday, May 24, 2015

2012 Sebastiani B-Side Cabernet


A wonderful spring afternoon out here on the left coast - gonna hit around 85.  Perfect time for grillin.  Tonight I've got some Kabobs prepped up and ready to hit the grill paired with chocolae covered strawberries for desert.  I thought a nice hearty Cab would go well with both, so picked up a B-Side Cabernet down at the local wine shop.

This Cabernet starts with the very distinctive vegetal Cabernet flavor that I am not a huge fan of, but then the fruit forward notes start adding up and swiftly overcome it..  Bluebery, Plum, Cherry predominate with some smoke and leather on the backside.  Not the best Cabernet I've ever tasted, but very solid - it looks like they have a Red Blend as well - I'll need to track that one down. 

Cheers,
Jerry



No comments:

Post a Comment