Sunday, August 22, 2010

Red Red Wine on a Sunday #44 - Motivation



This Sunday, Gearhead Records is the subject. Get ready for some great Garage Rock along with some Power Pop, Country and a little plain old Rock and Roll. Remember - "Rock, Roll can Rescue the World!"

Here's the Playlist:

Statue Of Liberty
New Bomb Turks
Switchblade Tongues, Butterknife Brains

Motivation
Tommy Stinson
Village Gorilla Head

The Future
Turbo AC´S
Automatic
Real Punk Radio DJ page

Call Waiting
Black Tie Revue
Black Tie Revue

Drop the Bomb
Red Planet
Revolution 33
Gearhead Records

$4.95
The Lords Of Altamont
Lords Have Mercy

Funny Little Feeling
Rock N Roll Soldiers
The Two EPs

Chico's Train
Hellbound Glory
Scumbag Country

When I'm Gone
I Walk The Line
Desolation Street

Putting It On
The Wildhearts
Riff After Riff

Television Addict
The Hellacopters
Cream Of The Crap! vol.1

Wig Wam Bam
The Donnas
Gearhead 7"
Runnin' On Fumes - The Gearhead Magazine Singles Compilation

Rock 'n' Roll Can Rescue The World
Electric Eel Shock
Gearhead Picture Disc 7"
Go Europe!

I Know A Place
Jay Reatard
Goner 7"
Singles 06-07

Die, All Right
The Hives
Gearhead 7"
Veni, Vidi, Vicious

Encounter
Davie Allan & The Arrows
Gearhead 7"
Runnin' On Fumes - The Gearhead Magazine Singles Compilation

If you would like to download the show in MP3 format - click the link below

Link

Next week, I'll be playing some of my favorite 45s, from all genres and eras. Let me know your favorite slabs of 7" goodness and I'll be sure to play them. If you have a story about the first 45 ya bought or was given to you, that would be awesome stuff. Hey, maybe the last one ya bought was killer too - let me know!

For the next podcast after that, I'll be exploring the music of one Tommy Stinson, he of the Replacements, Bash and Pop and Perfect. Influences, contemporaries - you get the picture. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Be sure to join me next Sunday, the 29th of Sunday at 9pm Pacific (midnight Eastern) for Red Red Wine on a Sunday LIVE. No themes, just some great music I've been listening to, both old and new.


No comments:

Post a Comment