Sunday, November 17, 2013

Clown Shoes Galactica Double IPA



Time for a little Pinball and Brew this afternoon.  I've got a Clown Shoes Galactica IPA cracked open to help me slay the silver ball.   Bought this a few weeks ago and have been working my way through the 4 pack.  Interesting character to the beer due to the use of the Galaxy hops.  Lotsa citrus notes and a sort of dankness due to the dry hopping.  Enjoyable, but I'm afraid I won't be back to buy more.  Now, I will be selecting something else from the brand at some point.  I almost said brewery, but alas Clown Shoes is one of those contract brands who use an established brewery (in this case Ipswitch Brewing) to brew and bottle their beer.  Back to the Silverball!

Clown Shoes Site ----- > Galactica is currently in production

Beer advocate -----> 89 

A fun review of the beer - he calls the label the "cover art" - hey - I kinda like this guy!





No comments:

Post a Comment