Friday, December 31, 2010

Ebay Rock 45's (12/31/10)

Ebay Rock 45's

Each Friday, I post a select group of 5 rock 45's that sold on Ebay recently.
Here's the list for Friday, the 31st of December, 2010

Guilty Razors Don't Wanna Be Rich $454.99

From the Auction:
Here is one of rarest french punk records. Both vinyl & sleeve are 100% original pressing from Polydor Records. Not a reissue. I heard there were only 500 pressed, and Polydor melted most copies of this after released. Most of the surviving copies are for promos, therefore they have cut-corners or promo stamps. But this PS have neither cut-corners nor stamps. Impossible to find this PS.


John Frusciante Estrus $325.00

From the Auction: I bought this the day it came out in 1997 at the Virgin Megastore on Sunset and Crescent Heights in LA. I was a teenager and I remember the record store clerks telling me that they used to spot Frusciante there in that actual store, high on heroin, dropping $800 on cds at a time. I would always geek out at the idea that I was buying records form the same place my hero was buying records. (Later I had my only Frusciante sighting at the Sunset 5 Theater next door, the weekend that John Waters' "Serial Mom" came out. I worked there. I tore his ticket when he came in. He blew smoke in my face and I almost died and went to heaven.)

The EP came out a couple weeks before "Smile From the Streets You Hold, if I'm not mistaken. I had thought it was the release date for "Smile" but of course was down to buy the EP. I took it home and played it once. I've always known it was rare but only recently did I discover that there were only 400-500 copies printed on Birdman Records.

"Estress" is the spelling variant of "Estrus", and was a track that appeared on "Smile From the Streets You Hold."

More info from Wiki right here ----> Wiki


The Sons Of Adam Feathered Fish $299.00

From the Auction: Here's a superb Mint, Unplayed copy of the Sons of Adam Alamo 45 FEATHERED FISH/BABY SHOW THE WORLD. Feathered Fish was written by the great Arthur Lee (of Love) and both sides feature excellent guitar by Randy Holden of the Other Half/Blue Cheer/Fender IV. An absolutely unimprovable copy of this classic.


Nirvana / Melvins Split Velvet Underground Tribute $294.48

From the Auction: On Communion records (Comm 23.)
Limited purple/ lavender/ grey marbled vinyl.
Both bands do Velvet Underground covers;
  1. Nirvana - Here She Come Now
  2. The Melvins - Venus in Furs


Emeralds Earthquake $263.00

From the Auction: VERY RARE MONSTER SURF INSTRUMENTALS- FLIP IS "SOFTLY FALLS THE MORNING DEW" (NOTHING SOFT ABOUT THIS!!)


Here's an interesting auction that I couldn't resist posting:

The Pretty Things Lot of 3 45's $202.49

Lot of 3 Pretty Things EP's

ORIGINAL UK PRESSINGS

1. The Pretty Things EP Fontana UK CAT# TE. 17434

2. Rainin' In My Heart EP Fontana UK CAT# TE. 17442

3. On Film EP Fontana UK CAT# TE. 17472


No comments:

Post a Comment