Sunday, February 23, 2014

2010 Bogle Phantom


Opened up a 2012 Bogle Phantom last evening to go with the Tri-Tip that I threw on the BBQ.  Just finishing up the last few glasses this afternoon while I tend the BBQ once again for Chicken Breasts (for salads later this week) and Pork Chops (for tonight's dinner).

This red is comprised of Old Vine Zinfandel, Petite Sirah and Old Vine Mourvedre and is aged in American Oak for 2 years.  Great notes of dark red fruit and a superb backbone of Cigar and Cedar make this a wonderful blend.  I've loved the winery's Essential Red and a reader (Jim) recommended that I step up to the "Big Brother" of that wine, the Phantom.  I am glad that he did! This one goes for just under $20 and is well worth it.  


A review at the Wine On The Barrelhead website ----- > Bogle's flagship Red

Rearranging the Pinhead Studios a bit, making room for the latest game to come out of mothballs - 

Slick Chick







No comments:

Post a Comment