Sunday, May 5, 2013

2011 Evening Land Vineyards Willamette Valley Pinot Noir


A beautiful evening out tonight and I have a wonderful Evening Land Vineyards 2011 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir open this evening.  Another wine I picked up on my recent trip up to the Great Pacific Northwest. This one is from the winery in Salem, Oregon.  The angle of the photo above concentrates the color on this one, but the wine is a very light shade of red and has the body of a typical Pinot.  Light, but full of fruit, not the type that is typical of Californian Pinots (Cherry, Strawberry), but the darker red fruits (Plums, Blackberries).  I've linked to a great review of the 2010 version below and I have to agree with everything she says about the wine - a wonderful accompaniment for a mellow Evening.

Propaganda from the winery - Seven Springs Vineyards

The video from the Plonk Wine Merchants:




No comments:

Post a Comment