Sunday, January 20, 2013

2008 Monte Ducay Carinena


Uncorked a fine Spanish Red this afternoon in preparation for the Robot Attack that will be happening later to my ears as I record the latest show.  This one is a 2008 Monte Ducay Carinena, a nice blend of Tempranillo, Garnacha and Cabernet Sauvignon from the North East of Spain.  Just 6 smackers down at my local Trader Joes, I'll be going back for more of this one.  Hey - it even comes with it's own brown paper bag - perfect for your visits to skid row.....

Wiki's discussion of the Cariena region (DO) ------>  CariƱena

Propoganda from the Winery ------>  "Beautiful morello cherry colour, with brick red sparkles"

I'm not sure what brick red sparkles has to do with the wine, unless you drink a bit too much.....

Cheers!

Jerry



No comments:

Post a Comment