Sunday, December 22, 2013

2009 Tanis Mourvedre


Only 3 more days til Christmas - better get started on my shopping.....  A little Mourvedre will get me in the mood, I'm thinking.  This one is a Christmas present from a friend who purchased it at the winery in Ione, California.  Ione is just south of Plymouth in the Sierra Foothills of Northern California.  The area is well known for the wonderful Zinfandels that are grown in the region and I have to say that I have never had a Mourvedre from the area.  

This one is a nice dark red in the glass with wonderful Butterscotch and Oak notes in the nose.  Smooth and silky mouthfeel, with wonderful Raspberry notes - hmm - even getting a hint of some sort of nutty character.
Very nice wine that has been vinified with great care.  I'll have to take a visit there next time I head up to the foothills - great wine.

Tanis Winery website ---- > 800 case per year production

Mouvedre on Wiki ----- > can produce highly perfumed wines

No comments:

Post a Comment