Sunday, March 23, 2014

2012 Chateau Moulin De Sales


A glorious Sunny Sunday here and I have a nice French Red open to let my Sunday afternoon slide into evening.  A pot of Bolognese sauce is bubbling on the stovetop and should pair well with some toothsome Linguini and a vegetable Ratatouille. This French Red is from the Chateau Moulin De Sales and consists of 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 60% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc.  A classic Bordeaux, this a tannin monster.  High acidity and very little extracted fruit make this one a classic, very dissimilar in comparison with a California red.  Similar to the Ale I reviewed last week in comparison to a West Coast IPA.  The styles are so different and each has it's fans.  I have to say that I am not a fan of the French style, but this one is at least drinkable.  

Chateau Moulin De Sales is in the Pomerol region of Bordeaux (# 14 on the map below) on the "Left Bank", a  region famous for Chateau Petrus.  This one is obviously not as famous and I found it down at my local Trader Joes for around 12 smackers.

Cheers,
Jerry








No comments:

Post a Comment