Sunday, December 13, 2015

2012 Hob Nob Wicked Red Blend


Another Rainy Sunday, but I've got a nice French Red to keep me warm.  This one comes from the folks at Hob Nob Wines and is called Wicked Red.  Produced for this past Halloween, I was able to find it at a nice price and you might be able to as well.

This wine is produced from 40% Grenache, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Shiraz and 10% Pinot Noir.  It pours a nice shade of dark purple and has a decent amount of legs.  According to the website, it clocks in at 13.5%.  The nose is all concentrated red fruit - blackberry, plum and cherry - heavenly.  On the tongue, smooth, smooth, smooth - lots of residual sugar helps this one.  Still nice and dry on the finish, but if you don't like a bit of sugar in your reds, I'd pass on this one.  Me - I like it!

I also like the interesting screwcap (smooth on the outside - no ridges) and the artwork that is painted on the bottle.  The Sugar Skull reminds me of one of my favorite bands - the Bonnevilles, as they have a similar logo.

Cheers,
Jerry

Hob Nob Wines on Facebook ------>  At The Center Of It All




























No comments:

Post a Comment