Sunday, March 22, 2015

Laht Neppur Piper Canyon Scotch Ale



It's a wonderful Spring Day out here on the Left Coast - hitting about 71 with a couple of rain clouds passing through - love this time of year.  I've cracked open a Scotch Ale that I spirited back in my checked bags on my trip to Walla Walla Washington a few weeks back.  Survived the trip, but it won't survive the afternoon as I've got a beef brisket slowly cooking away to accompany it.

The Scotch Ale is from the Laht Neppur brewery of Waitsburg Washington.  I picked it up at the Alehouse run by the Brewery located just around the corner from my hotel room and just a few doors down from the Charles Smith Winery tasting room I spoke of last week.  Had a taste of the beer at the Alehouse and decided to bring home a 20 ouncer to enjoy later - meaning this afternoon.

Laht Neppur is Gaelic for Drink To Life and the beers at the brewery run the gamut of styles, from the Scotch Ale that I have opened to a wonderful Peach Hefeweizen with a Stout, IPA, Nut Brown and Cram Ale in between.  They have a selection on tap at the Alehouse and have a selection bottled as well.  I don't believe the bottles have been distributed down in California or in other states, but will keep an eye open for them, as I did enjoy the tasters that I had at the Alehouse.

The color is of a dark burnt brown sugar with a nutty rock candy nose.  The flavor pops right on to the tongue with nuts, brown bread and that rock candy flavor.  Warning - this one goes down smooth!

Cheers,
Jerry

The Laht Neppur website ----->  Aged for Complexity


No comments:

Post a Comment