Sunday, November 9, 2014

Distant Cellars Ten 88 Red Blend Port


A wonderful fall day - temps in the 70's and lotsa sun.  I've opted for a small bottle of Port this Sunday.  Small, as in this Distant Cellars Ten 88 375ml bottle.  Port as in a red blend of Old Vine Zinfandel, Cabernet Franc and Pinotage fortified with grape spirits in the style of Old World Ports.
I was very happy to find this bottle down at my local Trader Joes as the Distant Cellars website tells me that the wine is sold out - they must have sold a bit to TJ's.

This one pours an inky purple and has some very nice red fruit and spice notes on the nose.  The taste is wonderful with blackberry, plum and vanilla.  At 18.4% the warming of the mouth and throat is wonderful.  Nice smooth finish - this should go well with the Dark Chocolate dipped strawberries that my daughter has prepared for dessert.  Cheers!

The Distant Cellars webpage ----- > Amador County



No comments:

Post a Comment