Sunday, November 23, 2014

Brewdogs Punk IPA


Clear but cold day out here on the left coast.  Hibernating in the Pinhead Studios playing some Palooka.  Cracked open a beer that I recently found down at my local Trader Joes.  The Scottish origin intrigued me but it wasn't till I got it home that I realized that it is from the Brewdog folks - the same guys who are in that Brewdogs TV show.  I've seen quite a few of the episodes and enjoyed it quite a bit - especially the San Francisco show (where they captured fog and used it for the H20 in the beer) and the Portland episode (where they brewed beer going down the Mighty Columbia).

What a surprise when I poured out the beer and was greeted with a wave of tropical goodness.  The nose on this beer just hits you right in the, uh, Nose.  A very clear and light shade of amber, this one smells like a West Coast IPA, but looks like a Pilsner.  The taste is just as tropical with a very nice malt finish that begs you to have another taste.  Juicy, Juicy, Juicy - did I mention that it was Juicy?


Brewdogs Beer website ----- >  Scottish West Coast IPA?

Brewdogs TV website ----- >   Picking the Perfect Glass

Cheers,
Jerry



No comments:

Post a Comment