· 2 cups fresh parsley and/or cilantro, firmly packed
· 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves (optional)
· 3-6 cloves of garlic
· 2 tablespoons chopped onion
· 1/2 cup olive oil
· 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
· 1 tablespoon lime juice
· Salt and red pepper flakes to taste
1. Pulse the garlic and onion in the food processor until finely chopped.
2. Add the parsley and/or cilantro, and oregano if using, and pulse briefly, until finely chopped.
3. Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl. Add the olive oil, lime juice, and vinegar, and stir. (Adding the liquids outside of the blender gives the chimichurri the correct texture. You don't want the herbs to be completely puréed, just finely chopped).
4. Season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
5. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.