Sunday, September 21, 2014

Evil Twin Brewing Fruedian Slip Barley Wine


I've got some Wine open this afternoon.  No, not the red variety, the brewed variety.  A Barley Wine from the Evil Twin Brewing company.  This one is called Freudian Slip, a perfect accompaniment to the show this week centered on Words.  

This one is a dark amber with some great odors wafting off the one finger head.  Molasses, Caramel and some sweet butterscotch is lingering above the foam.  Sipping the beer reveals a complexity that puts a smile on my face.  Cashews, Chocolate and something I can't put my finger on - maybe some plum?  Deep and rich this one is, with a very subdued hop bite.  The only drawback I can see is the heat of the 10.3% alcohol.  If you can get past that, you will find a very nicely constructed Barley Wine.  This one is for sipping and letting it get up to room temperature - to let the aromas escape.  Allright - I've had a few sips - now back to my Bank Shot.  Hey - I got the Wow's lit for extra balls!

Cheers,
Jerry

The Evil Twin website ----- > A beer with a big ego



No comments:

Post a Comment