Sunday, February 9, 2014

2012 Santa Julia Innovacion Tempranillo Malbec


A Rainy Sunday here today - time to stay in and enjoy a hearty Argentinian Red.  This one is from the Saint Julia Winery and is a 2012 blend of Tempranillo and Malbec.  Now, I enjoyed the winery's Malbec back in November of 2012 and have been itching to try more from the winery located in the Mendoza region of Argentina.

This blend is really interesting - lotsa blackberry notes from the Tempranillo and a nice backbone of smokiness from the Malbec.  The winemakers used a very light hand in the aging of the wine - not much oak which brings out a nice freshness to the wine.  I'll be going back to my local Whole Foods to try the rest of the Red Innovacion wines - I believe they have a few more interesting blends to try.  Very reasonable priced at around a tenner for the 1 Liter bottle.

Below is a video from the winery recommending some tasty looking tapas to go with the wine - me? - not so fancy - just a nice hearty Lasagna last night and leftovers tonight.  What is is about Lasagna that it tastes better the next day? - continued blending of the flavors, I'm thinkin'.






No comments:

Post a Comment