Thursday, December 10, 2009



The Dropkick Murphys performance of The Dirty Glass on Jimmy Kimmel live is above.

Stephanie Dougherty is the guest vocalist on the song.

The original version of the song on the Dropkick Murphy's VS. Face to Face split CD released in 2002 has Kay Hanley from Letters to Cleo as the female foil to Al Barr.

I've read that on the Dropkick Murphy's tour earlier this year Liza Graves from Civet (one of the opening bands) handled the female vocalist parts.

Let's review - Kay Hanley, Stephanie Dougherty, Liza Graves - well the DK's have great taste in .... heartfelt vocal performances.




Lyrics

The Dirty Glass Lyrics

Murphy, Murphy, darling dear
I long for you now night and day
Your pain was my pleasure, your sorrow my joy
I feel now I've lost you to health and good cheer
Darcy, when I met you I was five years too young
A boy beyond his age, or so I'd tell someone
Anyone who'd listen and a few who couldn't care
Still I welcomed you with open arms, my love I did share

[Chorus]
full lyrics

more Dropkick Murphys lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment