Sunday, May 10, 2015

Lagunitas Brewing Hop Stoopid Double IPA


Happy Mother's Day! - hope all the Mothers out there are well taken care of - I'll be hitting the grill soon to prepare dinner for the Mother of my 2 wonderful daughters.  She has requested the following: Grilled Filet Mignon with sauteed mushrooms and onions, grilled asparagus and a butternut squash risotto.  Hey - that sounds wonderful to me, so I better get cooking!

Just uncapped a Double IPA to get the cooking mojo started.   This IPA is a serious beer - 102 IBUs and 8% alcohol.  Wowsa.... a bit of a sniff and I can detect some pine, lotsa lemon and a faint waft of Ganga... interesting.  First sip and it is lighting up my tongue like a shot around the "horn" on the Lightning Ball pinball machine you see in the picture.  Bells, whistles, Marching men Marching - yep right down the throat - spicy and bitter with no let up - ouch.  Hmmm seriously this one is just Stoopid with the Hops....  I have had better Double IPAs (Green Flash and Dirtwolf come to mind), but this one is growing on me as I work through the first glass.  Yes Lagunitas makes some quality brews.  I'll keep the bomber handy as I grill up the Mother's Day menu mentioned above - Cheers!

Lagunitas Website -----> Massively Dry-Hopped for your Aromatic pleasure

Beer Advocate rating ----- > BA is 93 and the Bros give it a 90 (outstanding)


Slick Chick is coming along - Thanks to Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment