Sunday, August 7, 2011

2010 La Loggia Barbera d' Alba


Working on the playlist for tomorrows show about Vacations and it reminded my of a time a few years ago when my wife and I were lucky enough to find ourselves in Northern Italy. Went out to find an example of a wine from that area and my local Trader Joe's has this nice example on it's shelves for about $7. It's a La Loggia Barbera d' Alba. Very true to the Barbera varietal - spiciness due to the acidity, but with some great dark red fruit (cherry and plum). It went very well with some thick cut pork chops that I finished off with my favorite store bought BBQ sauce - Organicville Original. Great stuff if you don't have the time to make some homemade sauce. I didn't this week - yes, my daughters are still swimming.....

No comments:

Post a Comment