Sunday, July 10, 2011

2008 Tormaresca Puglia Neprica

Time to head over to Italy with this great blend. It's a 2008 Tormaresca Puglia Neprica and it is pairing well with the Tortellini Marinara that I've whipped up this evening. Here's the propaganda from the label:

NePriCa, a ruby red wine named after the grapes in the blend (Negroamaro, Primitivo and Cabernet Sauvignon), has aromas of berries and light, spicy licorice. It is a harmonious blend with favors of dark fruit, chocolate and hints of licorice with a balanced acididty.

Here's a couple of reviews as well - Three Nine Wine and Wine Curmudgeon.

I actually have to thank a neighbor for spotting me at my local grocery and draggin me over to the display that they had of this wine. He had brought back an emptied bottle to the store just so he could remember the wine and buy 6 more bottles. I had to try a bottle after seeing that!

Well, he was right and I'll be back for more too.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment